WRITING SERVICES & SKILLS
WRITING | CORPORATE, PROMOTIONAL, B2B, B2C
APPLE IWORK, ADOBE, MICROSOFT PROFICIENCY
HTML, XML, CSS, PHP
RESUMÉ AT-A-GLANCE (CLICK TO EXPAND BELOW)
2006-CURRENT | SENIOR WRITER & COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGIST | ALLENHAUS
Allenhaus works with SMEs within the scope of brand identity, messaging, communications strategy and management of internal/external communications for startups, retail/ restaurant, professional & public services and technology companies.
Expertly handled omni-channel strategy (and day-to-day management) to assist startup and existing SME client’s to capture audience and excel in traditional, digital marketing efforts; Consulted on best web, graphic and written communication tools for use of organization or specific campaign
Directed and managed small team of six creatives (writers, designers, photographers) and developers
Led brand storying strategy; developing storyboards, written and visual communication processes
Worked with Creative Director to define key message points and delivered final package to client for pitch
Worked with publicists and internal human resource teams to detail and interpret urgent internal/external matters; corporate communications; clients marketing initiatives
2010-2014 | SENIOR WRITER & MARKETING DIRECTOR | HEIGHT GODDESS
Reported to Creative Director, with primary objective to identify UVP, organize, implement brand strategy, and build online community. Develop marketing strategy to increase repetitive purchases, and influence new customers purchasing decisions. Implemented and managed daily, all approved print, in-store, email, social media and web marketing development and design.
- Primary author of marketing and promotional copy, published articles, community stories and video content.
- Managed brand identity by maintaining consistent usage of logo, collateral, slogans and style guide internally and externally
- Overseer of campaign management, evaluating analytics and measuring response devices against quarterly sales.
- Worked with Creative Director to implement messaging that drove seasonal “From One Tall Girl to Another” campaigns, events and online community.
- Created various social media campaigns to increase customer engagement influence current followers to share the brand, as ambassadors
- Led design plans and copywriting for product catalogues and brochures.
- Channel manager for successful Kickstarter campaign, developing all story points, page layout, messaging and daily email/social media messages to garner financial support to reach goal.
- Stayed abreast of best project management, promotional and communication tools; advised management of best communications practices and processes for effective sales
- Performed market and sales analysis reports; reviewing in detail, UX behavior/location/devices, site mapping, promotional sales and seasonal activity, against sales dips and peaks.
RENEWABLE ENERGY | 2011-2013 | SDL Citadel | COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGIST (CONTRACT)
Reported directly to and worked closely with CEO, on the marketing and communications requirements for the startup of a clean energy company bringing to market, a patented waste-to-energy vehicle. Established keynote presentations for investment meetings, and later devised strategic communications and materials for early adopters; transforming science-tech-heavy jargon into relative, compelling messaging
- Collaborated with CEO and Engineer to fully vet and blueprint the overarching goals for the organization; to understand the technology and how to accurately describe technology across B2C and B2B audience
- Successfully crafted core message points to be used on all B2B collateral including white papers/case studies, web, email, video scripting, brochure, convention & expo pamphlets and billboards
- Crafted press release literature and public relations key points for interviews to be used by partners and board
- Effectively structured presentation design schematics and copywriting for messaging presented to stakeholders, including large corporations like Kimberly Clarke, Balfour Beatty, government agencies and local commercial-resident establishments
- Devised official style guide and oversaw implementation of vehicle wraps
- Managed contracted resources for development, design and print of marketing material
RESTAURANT | 2010-2011 | MAIN EVENT ENTERTAINMENT | CONTRACT/FREELANCE COPYWRITER
Focused, deadline-driven and original Copywriter tasked with bringing a family-fun tone to in-store messaging.
- Worked with Director of Marketing to restructure the tone and messaging for in-store marketing and promotional messaging
- Created family-friendly name/titles and descriptions for restaurant’s food and beverage menu items
- Created brief catchphrases and at-a-glance graspable descriptions for new in-store rollouts (for new games, package deals and entertainment products)
- Author and organizer for Superbowl sponsorship decks and presentation material
NON-PROFIT | 2008-2011 | e3 PARTNERS-I AM SECOND | WRITER, COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Focused delivering effective news and stories for internal organization and volunteers/ donors alike. e3 is a global missions organization with presence in over sixty countries. Reported to Communications Director and worked with all country-leaders to plan and coordinate the country’s storyline; acting as Writer, digital content strategist and communications department coordinator contributing to overarching organization mission.
- Lead writer in Creative Department for external clients, working with Creative Director and Director of Communications
- Managed editorial and content development calendar
- Trained department managers and traveled to conduct training for field offices on company website, intranet and communications best practices
- Worked with department managers to identify stories that would promote their mission trips, to be featured in publications and internal intranet blog/ newsletter
- Key role in customization and rollout of donor web application
NON-PROFIT | 2006-2008 | T.D. JAKES MINISTRIES | WRITER, PUBLICATIONS COORDINATOR
International religious organization, initially onboarded to be part of a task force for development of slated nationally circulated magazine; after which worked with Publications, Public Relations departments and worked directly with Chief of Communications on ministry communications development and delivery.
- Tasked to research, report and create mock presentations of slated nationally circulated magazine; writing editorial articles, editing content, creating editorial calendar and organizing distribution channels
- Worked with editorial team on quarterly content calendar; and advertising team to pinpoint content and promotional targets and budgets
- Managed Publications department editorial calendar; worked with Creative Department resources to establish internal projects that were communications and marketing related.
- Wrote editorial and donor content
- Scheduled and organized high-profile public relations and communication strategy meetings with Chief of Communications
RESTAURANT | 2007-2011 | DAVE & BUSTERS | CONTRACT/FREELANCE COPYWRITER
Deadline-driven copywriter for entertainment company – one of my first clients and projects as a professional copywriter.
- Worked directly with Creative Director to create fun, engaging copy for in-store promotional campaigns
- Collaborated with Marketing Director to create sponsorship deck and event packages
- Worked with General Operations Manager to create department training manual
AGENCY | 2006-2007 | DREAMHAUS MEDIA | JR. PROJECT DEVELOPER
Tasked with learning the internal operations of a creative agency, write content that accompanied web and design projects, manage projects as an account executive and other various tasks as assigned.
- Worked closely with the owner/Creative Principle in learning Adobe programs, some web development, client relations and managing accounts
- Wrote copy for in-house clients
- Promoted to contract account manager
NON-PROFIT | CURRENT | KUPONA FOUNDATION | BRAND MANAGER (UNSALARIED)
In 2012, I joined with Kupona as my way of giving back and and contributing my skill sets to a worthy cause. Began as a probono Consultant and later appointed to probono Brand Manager, working with the Executive Director to develop internal, donor and public communications strategies that are inline with its vision.
- Provides support for updating quarterly objectives and messaging via donor reports and publications, website and social media
- Consults Executive Director and team on feasibility of ideas and how they are implemented across available digital channels
I provided copywriting, digital content strategy and creative direction and planning for the following companies:
- AMERICAN AIRLINES
- BRAVO TV
- MERCEDES BENZ
- H-FARM (ITALY)
- DEBRAFLOWER (ITALY)
- GAMETECH (GERMANY)
- ARTHOUSE TULUM (MEXICO)
- TD JAKES MINISTRIES
- MEGAFEST INTERNATIONAL
- PEPPER MILLER/ BLACK STILL MATTERS
- CITY OF DALLAS
- DALLAS CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU
- DAVE & BUSTER’S
- MAIN EVENT ENTERTAINMENT
- REGRO HAIR SOLUTIONS
Kupona has grown over the years due to our ability to effectively share the stories of women in Tanzania and connect their need, to constituents in the U.S. and all over the world. I assist Kupona Foundation with Brand Management, Storytelling and Visual Graphics. I decided to work with Kupona because their cause struck me as worthy to devote time and energy to, pro bono. I resonate with the women, children and communities they serve, because I could be that woman; my child could be that child, my community, that community.
I created full-scale communication strategy, email marketing, blogging, copywriting and product positioning for HEIGHT GODDESS, an apparel and lifestyle brand for tall women. From creating the tee shirt design with original phrases, to writing compelling sales copy and social media marketing, I helped a small business expand and thrive in a saturated retail market. I also spearheaded and executed the strategy and communications plan for their successfully backed Kickstarter campaign.
Role: SENIOR WRITER & MARKETING DIRECTOR
(Tulum, QR, Mexico) I had the amazing privilege of living in Mexico for three months, while spending time observing and absorbing a Mayan-inspired boutique hotel being built from the ground up. I captured the uniqueness of the property and its nine luxury suites, carefully collecting the right words to enchant the vacationer, and invite them into the home and the Arthouse experience before they ever arrived.
Role: COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGIST | LEAD WRITER
2011-2013 | SDL Citadel provides clean energy solutions for commercial, industrial, government and residential sectors. I was onboarded to mold and craft all SDL touchpoints, creating a story, transforming tech-heavy jargon into processes that were simple to grasp and bringing the company to market.
Role: COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGIST
I spent time in Possum Kingdom Lake just outside of Dallas-Fort Worth in order to interview and survey the grounds by which The Harbor were being built. Under the direction of the e3 Creative Director, I wrote the entire print promotional booklet, script for the DVD and web content.
Working with e3 Partners, I concepted and created the e3 Hope Cube promotional booklet, a derivative of their e3 Evangelism Cube, bringing awareness to AIDS in the countries whereby e3 serves, and a call for volunteers to get involved with the project.
Dave & Busters/ Jillian’s
2006-2008 | Freelance contractor, writing marketing copy for in-store promotional campaigns and events; corporate manuals
2011-Current | Personal brand and communication consultant, writing web, email marketing, social media and keynote.
2006-2007 | Intern turned Jr. Copywriter and Project Devloper for Dreamhaus Media, writing for the City of Dallas, Dallas CVB and more.
I am Second
2008-2010 | Contracted to lead as writer on the founding creative team for this local religious campaign
2011-Current | Senior Communications consultant, assisting with strategy and writing everything from educational materials, to web, print, email and social media content.
GET IN TOUCH